Pre-K through Completion of Kindergartern
Junior campers spend each day with friends and loving, attentive counselors who teach new skills and provide care and encouragement. Banner Juniors Camper gain the benefits of a small-camp environment with all the resources of a larger camp. A wide range of summer activities are enjoyed in a nurturing setting. This atmosphere fosters social and physical development, builds confidence and creates success. With scaled down versions of the same games and activities as the “big kids,” Junior campers use equipment and playing fields that have been specially developed for the younger child.
Every day is a mix of imaginative play, skill-building activities and quieter time for slowing things down. Campers participate in swimming, sports, fine arts, imaginative play, games, nature and adventure activities. These programs emphasize socialization, skill development and small group interaction. Leadership Team members are experienced in working with young children and provide the top level of supervision and care. Regular phone contact with parents is maintained to discuss your camper’s experiences and needs. In Banner’s Junior Camp, even small campers enjoy big opportunities for fun and growth.
- 3 or 5 day a week program (M,W,F or T,Th,F)
- Fun-filled programming emphasizing skill-building and socialization
- Nurturing environment led by early childhood specialists
- Approximately one staff member for every three campers
- Exclusive program area for Junior Campers
- Safe, scaled-down equipment and playing fields
- Sports skill and fine arts instruction by top level specialists
- Full day program with door-to-door bus service